Introductory Flight at WCSA to 4000' MSL
With your purchase you will receive:
• An Introductory Flight in a dual control sailplane (AKA a glider)
• You'll fly with a certificated commercial pilot or flight instructor
• A tow to 4000 feet *MSL
• A flight of about 30 minutes
• Flight time depends on conditions and maneuvers performed
• Amazing panoramic views and the joy of soaring like bird
To renew your certificate at Windy City Soaring Association (WCSA), we do require that you call us at (815) 286-7200 to arrange for a flight reservation in advance.
Introductory Flights are scheduled for Saturday or Sunday; April - November; 9:00 am - 5:00 pm; weather, equipment availability, and pilot availability permitting.
* Altimeters, are set to indicate altitude above Mean Sea Level (MSL) to assure pilots flying from airports at different altitudes see altitude readings measured against a standard data point, in this case, MSL. Around our airport, 4000 feet MSL converts to about 3240 feet Above Ground Level (AGL).